Taught by industry professionals, the Media and Communication - Media Studies Major at Swinburne Online will equip you with the skills to write for print, broadcast and digital media, create engaging cross-platform content, and produce digital media projects.
You will learn about globalisation, media ethics and social media, and how to reach audiences effectively through both traditional and digital media.
With this qualification you will be ready for a range of roles within the media and communications industry, from radio production to advertising.
What you will learn
- Professional Communication
Build your skills and confidence as a professional communicator.
- Intercultural Communication
Learn how to effectively communicate within a multicultural society.
- Campaign Planning
Create engaging PR strategies and implement campaigns across multiple platforms.
Develop industry-specific writing skills that will allow you to effectively engage and influence your audience.
- Digital Communities
Explore how social media and online communities impact how we communicate with each other.
- Marketing Officer
Assist management with the marketing activity for a company or client.
- Public Relations Officer
Develop and implement communication strategies to promote information about an organisation to the public.
- Digital Marketing Specialist
Develop and implement digital strategies designed to increase online traffic to a company’s website.
- Radio Production Coordinator
Maintain production schedules for radio and liaise with talent.
- Communications Coordinator
Develop internal and external messaging on behalf of a company.
- Digital Media Account Manager
Lead strategic digital media planning, buying and implementation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning and Communicating Online
- Professional Communication Practice
- Media Content Creation
- Screen Studies: Movies, Television, and Ourselves
- Innovation Cultures: Perspectives on Science and Technology
- Global Media Industries
- Screen Franchising and Innovation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 20 other Masters in Digital Marketing in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Non-Year 12 entry:
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification (including diplomas, advanced diplomas, associate degrees and degrees) or equivalent. Additional performance criteria and prerequisite requirements may also apply.
- Students admitted to the course with prior tertiary studies that satisfy part of the academic requirements of this course may be eligible for academic credit.
Year 12 entry:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21812 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21812 AUD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National14496 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14496 AUD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.