If you are a motivated person with a creative mind, and are interested in engineering and how things work, then Mechatronics could be for you. Athlone Institute of Technology, with its recently constructed 35 million euro engineering building, is ideally placed to take you to the next level.
On this course you will:
- Explore the relationships between Mechanical, Electronic and Software engineering as applied to modern ‘smart’ machines, and commonly used in the manufacturing industry
- Work in bright, modern laboratories with the very latest in Mechatronics technology and software
- Complete a Mechatronics final year project, working with a group of your peers, to design and construct a working Mechatronics system, such as a robotic automated work cell, or a web-controlled ‘smart’ house.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Science
- Mechanics, Materials and Processing
- Engineering Workshop
- Drawing and CAD
- Communications and Computer Applications
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesMechatronics View 9 other Masters in Mechatronics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 06 at ordinary level in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate examination. Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish).
- Any QQI level 5 qualification is acceptable. Applicants to this programme are required, however, to have one specified mathematics module included in their award either module mathematics (5N1833) or Maths for IT (5N18396) or Maths for STEM (5N0556) or alternatively have Leaving Certificate mathematics.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.