Mechanical and Polymer Engineering at Athlone Institute of Technology is a core skillset that many employers in the medical device/healthcare sector look for in graduates.
The polymer/medical devices sector in Ireland is thriving and is recognised as one of the fastest developing in the world. In excess of 250 companies are currently developing and manufacturing a diverse range of medical devices and diagnostic products. The sector employs a highly skilled workforce – over 45% of employees in the medical device sector are qualified to graduate or postgraduate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Science
- Mechanics, Materials and Processing
- Engineering Workshop
- Drawing and CAD
- Communications and Computer Applications
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 32 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade H5 at higher level in two subjects, plus Grade 06 at ordinary level in four other subjects in the Leaving Certificate examination. Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish).
- QQI applicants to this programme must hold the following award: engineering technology (5M2061).
- They are also required to have the module mathematics (5N1833) or Maths for STEM (5N0556) included in their award or alternatively have Leaving Certificate mathematics. They must also possess distinctions in three modules.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.