The Department of Energy Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay focuses on research and education for the development of sustainable energy systems for the future. The Department is an unique blend of science and engineering for the Energy sector.
Learning outcomesThe course has been designed for the energy sector with relevant inputs from mechanical engineering (e.g. thermodynamics, thermal engineering----), electrical engineering (e.g. power electronics, electrical machines) and chemical engineering (e.g. transport processes). In addition to this are the core energy courses providing the required background for analysing and designing energy systems.
- Basics of Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Communication Skills
- Control & Instrumentation
- Developing a Proof-of-Concept - Advanced
- Developing the Proof-of-Concept
- Electrical Energy Systems
- Electrochemical Energy Storage
- Fuel Cells
- Hydrogen Energy
- IC Engine and Combustion Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy View 7 other Bachelors in Energy & Power Engineering in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Copy of the grade transcripts with the explanation of the assigned grades. (Certified English translation is required, if the document is in other language).
- Statement of purpose.
- Bio-Data / Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Personal particulars of Foreign Scholars coming to India (Click Here )
- Copy of the passport (page showing your nationality and personal details).
- Three recommendation letters – at least one recommendation should be about the student’s academic performance issued by a faculty member.
- Documentary proof to illustrate fluency in English language.
International8738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4369 USD per semester during 48 months.
National3354 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1677 USD per semester during 48 months.
- 124.600 Rs-national students
- 324.600 Rs-international students
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.