This hugely-respected Accounting (Hons) at Athlone Institute of Technology will provide you with an in-depth knowledge of the fundamental theories, concepts, principles and practices essential for a rewarding career in professional accountancy.
At a general level, the degree will give you the knowledge, skills, abilities and attitudes necessary for a successful career in today’s challenging business environment. You will learn how commercial and industrial organisations function, the environmental factors that affect an organisation and the contribution of the accounting/finance professional to an organisation’s success.
Accounting graduates find employment in practice or alternatively in industry. In addition to accounting-oriented roles, many also progress to careers in management. AIT graduates are employed by the big four accounting firms, as well as by small and medium-sized practices in Ireland, and around the globe.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning and Development for Higher Education
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Business Mathematics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- EEA students deadline: 1 February
DisciplinesAccounting View 33 other Masters in Accounting in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade H5 at higher level in two subjects, plus Grade O6 at ordinary level in four other subjects in the Leaving Certificate. Two of these subjects must be Mathematics and a language (English or Irish).
- Applicants must be 17 years of age in January in the year of entry to programme of study at AIT.
- Applicants must have successfully completed High School Diploma with good grades in Mathematics and English (average of 60%). Indian applicants must have completed Standard XII Examinations with minimum average of 60% in English and Maths.
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Be a first time undergraduates
- Hold EU Nationality
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.