The aim of the Bachelor of Business: Finance Major at Swinburne Online is to equip you with the skills to manage risk, investigate investment opportunities and examine the values of assets such as bonds and shares.
With this qualification you will understand how to analyse and assess financial forecasts as well as the value of companies.
What you will learn
- Financial risk management
Examine the sources of financial risk and the importance of implementing effective financial risk management procedures in business entities.
- Management accounting
Analyse the relationship between cost, volume and profit, and its implications for managerial decision making.
- Macroeconomic policy
Learn how to use various macroeconomics models when analysing economic events and public policies.
- Banking operations and governance
Examine the measurement of credit risk and its impact on the management of Financial institutions.
- International trade and finance
Examine solutions to current international issues based on research from a variety of sources.
- Management of investment portfolios
Examine contemporary issues in the emerging investment markets.
- Financial Analyst:Analyses the economic conditions along with business financials to determine its performance and make recommendations for the future.
- Stockbroker:Execute, buy and sell orders for stocks and other securities on behalf of clients. Stockbrokers are usually associated with a brokerage firm and handle transactions for both retail and institutional customers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Information for Decision Making
- Industry Consulting Project
- Advanced Innovative Business Practice
- Learning and Communicating for Innovative Business Practice
- Economic Principles
- Macroeconomic Policy
- Financial Statistics
- Banking Operations and Governance
- Financial Management
- Financial Risk Management
- Management of Investment Portfolios
- International Trade and Investment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance International Business View 26 other Bachelors in Finance in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Non-Year 12 entry
- Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification (including diplomas, advanced diplomas, associate degrees and degrees). Additional performance criteria and prerequisite requirements may also apply.
- Students admitted to the course with prior tertiary studies that satisfy part of the academic requirements of this course may be eligible for academic credit.
Year 12 entry
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21952 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21952 AUD per year during 36 months.
National14496 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14496 AUD per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.