The Bachelor of Arts, Master of Teaching (Early Childhood) program from Flinders University equips you with all the practical and theoretical skills required to educate and nurture children from birth to eight years, and provides a comprehensive, liberal education for all new teachers.
Why study Arts / Early Childhood Teaching at Flinders
- Qualify to teach children from birth to eight years in childcare, preschool and the early years of school
- Undertake a valuable 95 days of professional experience placements in childcare, preschools and primary schools
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge about young children, their families and the community services that provide for their care and education
- Recognised nationally and internationally for a transformative curriculum
- Combine in-depth study of early childhood education with studies in the arts
Although the majority of education graduates go on to employment as teachers in the public or private sector, some choose to follow other pathways.
Potential occupations include:
- early childhood teacher
- youth and children’s support officer
- language literacy and numeracy teacher/assessor.
Potential employers include:
- childcare centres
- early learning centres
- junior primary schools
- government education departments
- government and private industry settings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic and Professional Communication
- Teaching and Educational Contexts
- Play, Learning and Development
- Professional Experience
- The Expressive Arts in Early Childhood
- Literacy and Numeracy: Birth-4
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 110 other Bachelors in Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 092437J
- The minimum entry requirement is comparable to an ATAR of 65, please note that some Flinders programs require higher than a comparable ATAR of 65. For further information please see the individual requirements for programs on the course listings.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31000 AUD per year during 60 months.
National3950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3950 AUD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.