The University of Rochester School of Nursing is the ideal place to complete your master’s degree. We provide amazing student support and direction to help balance your full work and class schedule. A blend of online and evening in-class sessions provides the convenience of working at your own pace to earn your bachelor’s degree along with a personal touch that other schools don’t offer.
Our faculty are highly experienced clinicians and researchers, and classwork is focused on real-world applications of industry-leading best practices. Complete all of your clinical experience right here in the University of Rochester Medical Center or in the region.
The RN to BS to MS Program of University of Rochester is designed for academically strong, experienced nurses who want to enhance their skills and meet the challenges of a rapidly changing health care system.
- Nursing Leadership and Management of Care
- Population Health
- Biopsychosocial Health Assessment of Individual and Family
- Research Principles for Evidence-Based Practice
- Ethics and Public Policy in the Health Care System
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 645 other Bachelors in Nursing in United States
- An associate degree or diploma in nursing
- RN licensure within the United States or a U.S. territory. If you are outside NY State, please contact Program Director Margaret Carno for eligibility.
- CPR certification (professional course must be taken with the American Heart Association)
- Statistics course with a grade of C or above.
- Current RN license
- Official transcripts from all schools attended, including prerequisites (cumulative GPA of 3.0 preferred)
- Two letters of reference (one from master’s-prepared nurse and/or nursing supervisor)
- Professional goal statement
- Resume or CV
- Writing sample (academic paper, clinical document, or publication)
- For international students, TOEFL with a minimum score of 560 (paper-based), 230 (computer-based) or 88 (iBT)
Clinical experience for the following nurse practitioner specialties:
- AGPCNP, FNP, PNP, and FPMHNP programs: one year clinical experience is preferred
- AGACNP program: one year full–time (or equivalent) RN experience in acute care prior to clinical enrollment
- PNP/NNP program: two years NICU experience in the last five years
International108000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1200 USD per credit during 16 months.
National108000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1200 USD per credit during 16 months.
Living costs for Rochester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.