The Bachelor of Music in Business and Technology at Southwestern Christian University provides a comprehensive pre-professional program of study in music. This program is designed to standards issued by the National Association of Schools of Music and is appropriate for undergraduates who wish to major in music as a part of a liberal arts program. It specifically prepares students for graduate and/or vocational opportunities in fields integrating with, or independent of, music. Additional purposes of training qualified students may also include career goals such as church music, teaching, and performance.
The Bachelor of Music in Music Business and Technology program graduates should be able to:
- Identify, notate and perform rhythmic, melodic, and harmonic materials via aural and visual activities;
- Demonstrate skills necessary for work as a general musician, including audio, video, median and internet;
- Analyze music of diverse styles and genres;
- Recognize Western musical style periods, genres, and forms of major choral and instrumental masterworks, aurally and visually;
- Recognize basic generic world music styles, elements and performance media, aurally and visually;
- Teach others in private studios, or private/public schools and churches, about music as an art form, a means of communication, and as part of their cultural and Christian heritage;
- Evaluate musical ideas and assess methods of instruction using diverse learning systems, styles, and repertoires.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conducting I
- History and Theology of Worship Arts - Capstone
- Theory I
- Theory II
- Theory III
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic View 2097 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A processing fee of $200 MUST be paid to the Business Office at 1(405)789-7661 before I-20 package is issued.
- ACT composite score of 19
- SAT score of 900 (Critical Reading + Math)
- Recommendation letters
- Personal essays
International534 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 534 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National534 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 534 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.