About Biomedicine at Victoria University
This course prepares you for entry into postgraduate medicine and other postgraduate courses such as physiotherapy, pharmacy and dietetics. It includes essential physiology, anatomy and biochemistry prerequisites. You’ll also learn up-to-date information on disease and medical applications.
Our Bachelor of Biomedicine has a particular focus on the role of exercise and nutrition in medicine. You’ll design and analyse research methods and findings. You’ll undertake a research project that can provide a platform to begin a research degree.
You will be ready to enter the workforce in a variety of fields including:
- research in the medical sector
- research in exercise or nutrition sciences
- medical and diagnostic application services.
- Gene and Evolutionary Biology
- Mathematics and Statistics for Biomedicine
- Functional Anatomy of the Trunk
- Functional Anatomy of the Limbs
- Human Physiology
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
We are currently accepting applications for this course.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Biochemistry View 32 other Bachelors in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in any other English (or equivalent).
- A study score of at least 25 in two of the following: Biology, Chemistry, and any Physics or Mathematics (or equivalent)
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 7.0 (with no band less than 6.5 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
International34000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 AUD per semester during 36 months.
The amount you pay for your course depends on whether you’re offered a Commonwealth supported place or a full fee-paying place
Paying national: $24,417 per year
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.