Artists who use printmaking at SFAI critically examine such concepts as multiplicity, reproducibility, and the “matrix” of the print in relation to contemporary art practice, ranging from popular to “high art” forms. Students of the Printmaking program of San Francisco Art Institute also expand ideas of display, exploring the full range of exhibition possibilities from traditional print editions to sculptural, installation-based, and interactive approaches.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students learn three to four major print media beyond Introduction to Printmaking. This would include Intaglio, Lithography, Artist Books, and/or Multiplicity.
- Students gain a specialization and the beginning of an expertise in at least one major print media upon graduation.
- Students complete a body of work, including an artist statement, which fundamentally addresses the work, both aesthetically and technically.
- Students have a one-person exhibit in the Ascension Gallery. This work must be done in the Senior year and must be a cohesive body of work. One or more Printmaking faculty reviews this exhibit.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Practice
- Beginning Printmaking
- Intermediate Printmaking
- Advanced Printmaking
- Digital Tools for Printmakers
- Letterpress for Artists
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1968 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application, including the $75 non-refundable application fee
- Portfolio and artist statement (BFA applicants only)
- Letter of recommendation
- Official high school/secondary school transcript(s) or CHSPE/GED certificate
International45664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22832 USD per semester during 48 months.
National45664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22832 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.