Why choose this course?
- Learn about the structure of the English language, patterns of natural speech, communication of meaning, teacher and student motivation and how to develop effective TEFL materials
- Study for a degree that also trains you to be a TEFL teacher and join graduates who are teaching in more than 20 countries worldwide
- Develop your communication and presentation skills in preparation for a career in teaching, ELT and many other professional environments
- English Language and Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Hons) degree offered at University of Bedfordshire will help you gain essential classroom experience in preparation for a career and/or PGCE study
- Benefit from a degree that also trains you as a TEFL teacher, and gives you access to opportunities for careers in English language teaching or prepares you to study for a PGCE
- Benefit from the world-leading research being produced by CRELLA
How will this course enhance my career prospects?The opportunity to gain a professional teaching qualification at the same time as your degree gives you a distinct edge when it comes to your first graduate position. We anticipate that graduates will progress into some aspect of the English Language Teaching industry as a teacher and, perhaps, as a writer and materials developer. A career in testing and assessment is also possible, but so too is teaching in general education at primary, secondary or tertiary level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Discourse
- An Introduction To Linguistics And Phonetics
- An Introduction To Speech
- How Texts Work
- Sounds, Words And Grammar
- The History Of English
- Exploring Grammar
- Learning And Assessment In Elt
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Linguistics View 549 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- As a general guide, to apply for a place on an undergraduate course (BA/BSc) at the University you need to have completed your high school education and have the required English qualification.
International12650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12650 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.