If you're not yet working or teaching in further education, you can study this course full-time at the University. If you do already have a role in further education, you can study part-time at one of our partner colleges, alongside your job. Wherever you study, you’ll be a student of the University of Portsmouth , so you’ll have access to all of our facilities and support.
Careers and opportunities
This CertEd Further Education and Training will give you the formal teaching qualification you need to teach in further education settings such as colleges, sixth-forms and private training providers, or to pursue further study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning, Assessing and Evaluating Teaching & Learning Programmes – 30 credits
- Theories & Principles for Planning & Enabling Learning in a Specialist Subject – 30 credits
- Professional Practice in the Lifelong Learning Sector – 30 credits
- Curriculum Design in a Specialist Area – 30 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 490 other Bachelors in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level 3 qualification within your subject delivery area coupled with sufficient experience to establish professional competence.
- T levels – Pass–Merit
- Formal qualifications, experiential learning and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) are also considered.
- In addition part time students are required to have secured their own teaching placement where you will teach at least 50 hours per year and have an identified subject mentor. Full time students will be provided with a teaching placement by the university.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.