What are the outcomes of the Information Systems Engineering programme at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University ?
To develop a need to be interested in news on informatics engineering science, to apply them in various circumstances, to be able to combine application skills with fundamentals of management, knowledge of humanities and social sciences, to recognize influence and significance of engineering decisions on the social development, to work in a global engineering marketplace and to use hi-tech technologies. To develop wide erudition, ability to critically analyze and creatively solve problems in the field of informatics engineering. To develop an ability to maintain professional competence throughout life-long learning.
What will you learn?
Design, programming and analysis of computerized information systems.
To use information technologies, software tools and computers, appropriately use computers to solve engineering problems and in computer aided design.
To select and use mathematical methods, software and hardware in order to solve problems in the field of informatics engineering.
Where can students do an internship?
Students' can perform their professional internship in IT companies, which are generating and implementing or supervising computerized information systems, such as "Baltnetos communications" SEB, Swedbank, Alna Intelligence, "Intelligent Technologies, "Simplit, IT Systems, Lithuanian National Radio and Television, or choose their internship abroad.
Graduates are prepared to work in enterprises designing, manufacturing and maintaining computer-based systems; enterprises implementing modern e-business technologies and information systems or they can enter Master degree studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Logic
- Applied Physics
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Integrals, Differential Equations and Series
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Business Information Systems Computer Sciences View 19 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Secondary School Graduation Certificate with good results (minimum 60% CGPA), particularly in Mathematics, Physics, and English. Applications must be accompanied by legalized English translations of all transcripts. Unofficial copies are not accepted. Please check country specific requirements for detailed information.
- English language proficiency.
- No entrance examinations (except for Architecture and Aircraft Piloting programme) for foreigners are needed.
- For Architecture programme, entrance test is requered (example).
- For Aircraft Piloting two entrance tests and First class medical certificate is requered.
- Gap since your last completed degree should not exceed three years.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2951 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2951 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.