- The core of the programme is built around questions about art and theatre, a commitment to artistic processes and stage-related work. You will have a comprehensive view of dramaturgy, as it is seen as a mixture of elements, as the logic behind a performance, work or event. The programme explores both playwriting and comparative dramaturgy.
- Dramaturgy is a dialogue between the different elements making up the play, the performance, the artwork or the event, and an interaction between the artistic whole and the audience and environment. Through a vibrant, critical world view and a thorough knowledge of the traditions of drama and theatre, you will acquire the tools needed for developing your dramaturgical thinking.
- In the Dramaturgy and Playwriting programme at the University of the Arts Helsinki, dramaturgy is understood as more of a question rather than a perfect and complete system. The five-year degree programme approaches art and theatre in a spirit of questioning, experimentation and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Directing : Sources
- Conservatory Hour
- Foundations of Drama
- Dramaturgy Forum
- Interpretation and Argument
- Foreign Language
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All applicants should submit the following documents:
- Certificate of your prior education and a transcript of study records
- Certificate demonstrating your language skills
- Document that proves release from liability for payment of tuition fees
Your submitted documents must state your current name and the degree programme they relate to. If the documents are not in Finnish, Swedish, or English, you must submit an authorised translation into one of these languages.
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.