Join us as a student at one of the leading performing arts universities in the world. As a Global Music student, you will deepen your own artistic identity and develop the ability to perform, communicate, collaborate, create, facilitate, research and lead in a wide range of musical, cultural and socially engaged contexts.
About the programme
- Your studies include both one-on-one instruction as well as group instruction. You will form a multicultural ensemble with your fellow students and expand your work portfolio with new works, collaborations and performances.
- Through Global Music programme at the University of the Arts Helsinki, you will learn about themes that are central for a professional musician, such as music conducting, project management, entrepreneurial skills and applied research.
- You can tailor your schedule and choose optional courses according to your own interests. You can also choose courses organised by the other two academies of the University and complete so-called joint studies that are available for all students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transcultural Ensemble
- Global Ensemble; Percussion Ensemble
- Global Ensemble; Afro Cuban Ensemble
- Global Ensemble; Persian Ensemble
- Global Orchestra
- Global Choir
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All applicants should submit the following documents:
- Certificate of your prior education and a transcript of study records
- Certificate demonstrating your language skills
- Document that proves release from liability for payment of tuition fees
Your submitted documents must state your current name and the degree programme they relate to. If the documents are not in Finnish, Swedish, or English, you must submit an authorised translation into one of these languages.
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Helsinki
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.