Music Education from Nyack College is a substantial and challenging major that provides a foundation for graduate studies. It is a carefully-mentored program that culminates in certification by the State of New York to teach K-12 music. Accredited graduates have a very high placement record in the Tri-State area, which provides excellent employment opportunities upon graduation.
Students in will take many of the classes, ensembles, and private lessons which are available to those in the Bachelor of Music Degree programs, but have fewer electives due to the demands of the Education degree. Graduates with the Music Education Degree may go on to Master’s Degree programs or commence teaching in the public or Christian schools upon their certification.
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Music Education will be able to pursue graduate studies and placement in public or private primary or secondary schools as music educators. Their curriculum includes courses such as “The Christian Educator,” in which they learn how to share their faith appropriately through what they are trained to do.
- Teach private lessons or continue their studies in Graduate school
- Teach Music courses in primary and secondary schools in the Tri-State area
- Teach Music in Christian schools
- Teach special-needs students through the medium of music, if they so choose.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Baroque Recorder Class
- Singer’s Diction
- Literature and Materials of Music
- Chamber Music or chamber singers
- Conducting Methods
- Senior Recital
- Development and Learning Theory
- Teaching and Learning Strategies
- The Exceptional Child
- Strings Methods
- Brass Methods
- Woodwinds Methods
- Percussion Methods
- Music in the Elementary School
- Music in the Secondary School
- Supervised Student Teaching of Music
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3329 other Masters in Education in United States
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0
- Admissions Checklist
- Pastoral Recommendation
- High School Transcript
- Submitting SAT/ACT scores
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 USD per semester during 60 months.
National25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.