Music in Worship from Nyack College is an intense program designed especially for those called to the music ministry in the contemporary church
Students may continue in their studies toward Music in Worship Master’s and Doctoral Degrees at various institutions; however, they will find their four-year degree very applicable and helpful in future employment and ministry.
With a rich variety of majors and concentrations, the Music student at Nyack College will receive the professional training he or she needs for success in the industry or ministry of music, as well as receiving strong spiritual support and mentoring on the way to graduation. Students learn their craft well and receive a high degree of encouragement which stands them in good stead in the very competitive field of music. Versatility is our watchword; versatility enhances employment and equips us for God’s work.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Music in Worship enhances your usefulness and employability in many areas, and gives you an opportunity to continue graduate studies in a fast-growing field. The degree prepares you for expertise in the following fields and many others:
- Worship Leading, Choral Conducting, or Music Ministry
- Vocal, instrumental, or keyboard solo or choral ministry
- Private or Church School Music Teacher
- Music Business
- Studio assistant for Christian recording
- Practitioners of Christian therapeutic music, with further study
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fund of Singing
- Guitar Tech
- Recorder Class
- Piano Proficiency
- Theory and Harmony of Contemporary Worship Music
- Conducting Methods and Pedagogy
- Hymnology and Psalmody
- Survey of Contemp.
- Worship Music
- Gospel Music Hist
- Worship Leading
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMusic View 2108 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admissions Checklist
- Pastoral Recommendation
- High School Transcript
- Submitting SAT/ACT scores
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 USD per semester during 48 months.
National25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.