By equipping students with the requisite knowledge, values, and skills of the social work profession, Social Work from Nyack College program aims to raise social workers who can enhance the well-being of all people and communities, and promote a just and caring environment in a complex and interrelated global society.
Nyack provides a social work education in a Christian higher education context that models the integration of Christian faith and learning. Nyack’s Social Work program provides a personally transformative environment that
Social workers provide services that increase the quality of life of all people by helping them cope and overcome some of life’s most difficult challenges. Social workers have a commitment to promoting social justice and increasing opportunities for vulnerable populations.
Social workers provide individual, family, and group therapy; offer crisis prevention and intervention; collaborate with communities to develop necessary social and economic resources; advocate; and participate in political action.
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for social workers is projected to grow twelve percent from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations.
Settings in which social workers practice include:
- mental health agencies
- counseling centers
- child welfare agencies
- adoption/foster agencies
- international social work agencies
- violence prevention/victim assistance
- older adult services
- probation and parole agencies
- political advocacy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work and Christianity
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Social Welfare Policy and Services
- General Psychology
- Human Biology
- Information Literacy
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The deadline to submit applications is the first Monday in March.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 577 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Completion of a substantial portion (approximately 50 credit hours) of the Nyack College core curriculum and most prerequisites.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Submission of departmental application
- Emotional stability to deal with emotional stress in himself/herself as well as in others.
- Intellectual capacity to think conceptually and analytically.
- Physical health and vigor that provide energy to handle a rigorous academic schedule and field practicum.
- Social Work Major Application Form
- Personal Essay
- One copy of current transcript
International25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 USD per semester during 48 months.
National25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.