Childhood Special Education from Nyack College program has reciprocity with virtually all other states, allowing our graduates to teach outside of New York State with relative ease. Candidates are also certified by ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International).
Nyack’s biblically based program is highly regarded by Christian, public, charter, and private schools for the quality of its graduates with regards to their intellect, pedagogy, and disposition.
- General education teacher
- Special education teacher in inclusive settings
- SEIT (Special Education Itinerant Teacher)
- SETTS (Special Education Teacher Support Services)
- ICT (Integrated Co-Teaching)
- Homebound Instruction
- Early intervention programs
- After-school program teacher/coordinator
- Curriculum and program development
- International and domestic ministries
- Mentoring or coaching
- Sales representatives for educational materials
- Teaching/training in childhood/Special Education contexts (grades 1–6)
- Working with youth in agency-based contexts
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- High Incidence Disabilities
- Field Experience for High Incidence Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorder and Other Low Incidence Disabilities: Understanding and Intervention
- Field Experience for Autism/Low Incidence Dis
- Special Education Behavior Management
- Field Experience for Behavior Management
- Special Ed. Assess., Evaluation, Diagnosis and IEP Development
- Teaching with Technology
- Health Issues
- Development and Learning Theory
- Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Technology Applications for Teachers
- Methods in Teaching Science
- The Christian Teacher
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 454 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admissions Checklist
- Pastoral Recommendation
- High School Transcript
- Submitting SAT/ACT scores
- English Proficiency Test: The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Pearson Test of English (PTE), and Duolingo English Test (DET) are accepted.
- International Student Questionnaire
- Copies of Personal Pages of Passport/Visas.
- Copies of previous I-20’s (if currently an F-1 Student)
International25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 USD per semester during 60 months.
National25000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 USD per semester during 60 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.