Drama from University of Pretoria facilitates and fosters students' interest, knowledge and skills in the performing arts. It provides them with opportunities to explore academic, artistic, creative and practical aspects of the discipline. Students are provided with opportunities to practise their craft by conceiving, directing and participating in a range of media including theatre performances and performance for TV, film and radio.
Actors (theatre, film, television and radio), physical theatre artists, theatre critics, radio and television presenters, directors, educational theatre practitioners and educators, community theatre artists and educators, light and sound operators, voice artists, stage and production managers, programme facilitators and managers, performing arts administrators, camera operators, documentary film-makers, digital and new media editors, playwrights, scriptwriters, play devisors, film and theatre researchers
- Drama and film studies
- Live and digital performance studies
- Performance studies
- Theatre studies
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Art History View 28 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 11 applicant, please submit your final Grade 11 examination results, and have a National Senior Certificate (NSC) with university endorsement or an equivalent qualification;
- Final admission is based on the qualification equivalent to the NSC.
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification with admission to Bachelor’s degree studies; and comply with the minimum subject requirements as well as the APS requirements of their chosen programme;
- If you are an international student or are a student with other qualifications equivalent to the NSC (including school qualifications from other countries, eg Spain, New Zealand, etc), you must obtain a Complete Exemption Certificate or a Foreign Conditional Exemption Certificate based on your international (‘foreign’) qualifications.
International4830 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4830 EUR per year during 36 months.
National2415 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2415 EUR per year during 36 months.
SA and SADC countries citizens - 42 000 – 51 000 ZAR
Living costs for Pretoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.