In this programme in Industrial Engineering and Management Science at the Bern University of Applied Sciences, you will debate technical and economic questions, gaining skills for work in the digital world and learn to improve communication flows, conduct cost-benefit analyses and develop new digital business models.
With a BSc in industrial engineering and management, you will focus on new technologies, value chains and business models. You will be poised to lead businesses through times of digital transformation, given your expertise in business administration, IT and industrial engineering and management.
Our BSc degree programme in industrial engineering and management prepares you for this dynamic field with specialisations in Industry 4.0 and Digitisation. You will gain the marketable skills you need in an increasingly digital world. Your English skills will improve in our bilingual programme, positioning you to enter the global jobs market.
Objectives + Skills
As a graduate of our programme, you will be prepared to
- manage demanding interfaces and coordination tasks, given your background in business administration, IT and industrial engineering and management;
- recognise promising business ideas and join in their development and implementation;
- apply your expertise to the technologies and processes involved in tangible and non-tangible value chains;
- apply empirical social and engineering research methods to practical tasks;
- analyse, assess and optimise value chains and business models;
- frame technical issues in a larger technical-economic context and make recommendations;
- develop and present content for different target groups.
- Industry 4.0 (Industrial Engineering)
- Digitisation (Business Engineering)
- 36 months
- 54 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- International upper secondary school-leaving certificates
- Baccalauréat Européen
- Baccalauréat International
International1756 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 878 EUR per semester during 36 months.
National1386 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 693 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- CHF 750 per semester - national
- CHF 950 Tuition fees for overseas students (per semester)
Living costs for Bern
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.