The core area covers classic construction disciplines such as statics and concrete and steel construction, allowing students to address basic construction-related problems. Other areas of construction such as substructure and soil mechanics are covered by the geo-engineering component of the course. Students will also learn about international construction regulations as well as national regulatory frameworks and statutory norms.
Another part of the Structural Engineering course from University of Duisburg-Essen, construction management, covers the implementation of major building projects, including quality assurance and financial aspects such as cost control.
- Master basic engineering and natural science principles and methods and the thinking behind them;
- Master basic specialist principles from the core construction disciplines of statics, solid construction and steel and wood construction;
- Master basic specialist principles of substructure;
- Master basic specialist principles for assessing the physical and chemical properties of building materials;
- Master basic specialist principles for managing major construction projects;
- Master basic specialist principles of environmental technology, especially hydraulics;
Accredited by ASIIN
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Computer Engineering
- General Chemistry
- Fundamentals of Programming
- Network Analysis
- Industrial Internship
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 23 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- General university entrance qualification ("Abitur") or
- Special university entrance qualification (restricted to certain fields of study, so called "Fachhochschulreife" or equivalent).
- The evidence of a special degree course related educational background or qualification from school with special profile in mathematics.
- Applicants must prove that they have studied mathematics in the last 3 years of the previous education entitling them to direct university access and have graduated with a grade of 2.0 (German grading system) or better.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Essen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.