This Social Work (Hons) degree from University of Greenwich provides academic knowledge and practical skills you will need for a social work career. You will explore a range of social issues, within children and families and adult social work.
Our teaching staff are active in research and experts in their fields while social work placements with local authorities will give you the skills required to practise as a social worker. Graduates can apply to register with the social work regulator, Social Work England.
What you should know about this course
- Our degree ranks first In London for satisfaction with teaching - Guardian Guide 2020.
- 92% Overall Student Satisfaction in Social Work (2020 National Student Survey).
- If you are passionate about making a difference in the community, our expert tutors will guide you on this fully-rounded course with excellent employability prospects.
- If you're looking for hands on experience, our degree has strong work placement arrangements with local authorities and the voluntary sector.
- When you complete this course you become eligible to register with Social Work England (SWE).
- Academic and Personal Development
- Legal Frameworks and Social Justice in Social Work Practice.
- Assessment, Planning, Intervention, Review, and Evaluation for Social Work (ASPIRE)
- Theories, Methods and Approaches for Social Work
- Domestic Violence, Mental Health and Substance Misuse for Social Work Practice.
- Research, Critical Appraisal and Evidence Based Social Work Practice
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSocial Work View 282 other Bachelors in Social Work in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants from a UK educational background:
120 UCAS points from A-levels, of which no more than 12 points should come from AS-levels.
We also accept equivalent qualifications, including:
- BTEC/National Diploma
- CACHE Level 3 diploma
- International Baccalaureate
- Advanced and Progression Diplomas
- An approved Access Diploma in Higher Education (with a minimum of 2 distinctions in the course modules)
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for City of London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.