The Marymount California University Liberal Arts Degree will provide you with a solid foundation of knowledge and experience. Your Multidisciplinary Studies classes will be small in size, which will allow you to fully engage in learning, including case study presentations, discussion, and reflection on what you’ve learned. You will receive individual faculty mentoring and targeted advising from your professors.
The University’s Oceanview and Waterfront campuses, with their close proximity to Los Angeles and its WorldPort, afford the Liberal Arts students many opportunities, including practical internships, where you can apply what you’ve learned in the classroom and make valuable connections with an array of accomplished professionals. The goal is to graduate students who are prepared for the working world or graduate school with an impressive résumé.
During the junior year, students complete most of their core liberal arts courses and begin an in-depth study, combining two areas of emphasis from the following options:
American Studies provides an interdisciplinary focus on United States history and culture. Choice of courses includes US History; Race, Ethnicity and Gender; Religion in America; Music in America; American Novel; Business, Government and Society; American Philosophy; and Food in America.
Arts & Media
Arts and Media provides an exposure to Media Studies, with a mix of theory and studio classes, such as Art History, Drawing, Design, Digital Media, Music, Film and Theater.
Do more in real time
- Drawn to game design? Combine arts and computer science to create your own game.
- Dreaming of a career in the world of sports? Mix human performance with business, psychology or biology, then tailor your capstone project for your chosen career.
- Want to help people? Choose both psychology and criminal justice to prepare for graduate school in social work. Or maybe add arts with psychology to pursue a career in art therapy.
- Going on to law school? Pair criminal justice with philosophy, where logic, good communication and research skills will give you an edge.
- Interested in the people side of business? Merge business with psychology to work in human resources or marketing.
- Feeling creative? Combine digital communication media with any other emphasis to help others tell their stories—through words and pictures, video and websites.
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Information Literacy
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Ethical Reasoning
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Digital Communication View 2837 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application, including additional documents
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Submit official secondary/college transcripts
- Show language proficiency
- Upon admission, you will be asked to submit a statement of financial support (Issuance of Form I-20 will take place after admission and once proof of funds have been verified through the statement of financial support)
International35158 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35158 USD per year during 48 months.
National35158 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35158 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Rancho Palos Verdes
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.