Potential careers related to Accounting include but are not limited to careers in the private, not for profit and governmental sectors as a staff accountant, cost accountant, financial analyst and controller. However, this concentration is also beneficial for students interested in pursuing careers in public accounting as an auditor or tax professional as well as in law enforcement as an FBI Agent or in government as an IRS Agent. (In general, a Bachelor’s of Science degree with an Accounting major is required for entry into a professional position; whereas, some of these, and other careers, require additional education or experience).
In order to prepare graduates the MCU Accounting concentration at Marymount California University has a cross-functional focus designed to develop concrete, highly-demanded skills for work in the rapidly expanding world of accounting. Students will deepen their knowledge of accounting principles through courses which reflect best practices in the field of accounting including Financial and Management Accounting, Taxation, Analysis, Auditing, Accounting Information Systems and Reporting Procedures.
A Student Completing the Marymount California University Bachelors of Science In Accounting will Possess the Skills to:
- Navigate financial accounting reporting, disclosures, interim reporting requirements, projections and pro-forma financial statements.
- Understand concepts of federal income taxation as it is applied to individuals, and sole proprietorships, partnerships and corporations.
- Apply different theories of the accountant’s professional responsibilities and ethics adopted by professional associations, state licensing boards for accountants, auditors, and fraud examiners such as the AICPA.
- Understand and use technologies in making decisions in areas of the accounting profession, such as managerial accounting, financial accounting, auditing, and tax accounting.
- Apply theories and practices related to business combinations and consolidated financial reporting and complex business structures, and demonstrate mastery in financial statements analysis.
- Use the principles and practices of financial statement auditing including Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), regulatory requirements, internal controls, and audit risk also research changes in the accounting and auditing.
Do more in real time
- Master data analytics tools and theories you’ll use on the job.
- Learn how to manage an investment portfolio.
- Study managerial economics at John Cabot University in Rome, Italy.
- Provide free tax filing services to low-income taxpayers.
- Leverage an accounting internship into a full-time job.
- Add a one-year MBA to get the required hours for your CPA.
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Business Communication
- Business Ethics
- Business Law
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAccounting View 1363 other Bachelors in Accounting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application, including additional documents
- Pay the non-refundable application fee
- Submit official secondary/college transcripts
- Show language proficiency
- Upon admission, you will be asked to submit a statement of financial support (Issuance of Form I-20 will take place after admission and once proof of funds have been verified through the statement of financial support)
International35158 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35158 USD per year during 48 months.
National35158 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35158 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Rancho Palos Verdes
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.