Study topics provide a clear introduction to criminology and criminal psychology. You will cover a range of issues, including offender profiling, stalking, psychopathology, gender, race and discrimination, crime scene investigation, and terrorism.
You also have the option to put your learning into practice through a work placement in a prison setting or with an agency connected to the Criminal Justice System.
What you should know about this course
- This Criminology and Criminal Psychology (Hons) course at University of Greenwich offers a unique fusion of two of the most exciting contemporary academic disciplines
- It covers the understanding of the nature, causes and reactions to crime, alongside a comprehensive overview of criminal psychology.
- You will explore social and state responses and methods of control by integrating major theoretical paradigms in the field of criminology.
- Optional modules offered include one where students study in a prison alongside serving prisoners and another which is a placement with an agency that is part of / complementary to the Criminal Justice System.
- Psychology for Criminology
- Foundations of Criminology
- Forensic Criminology
- Understanding Deviance
- Criminological and Forensic Psychology
- Criminological Research Methods
- Criminological Perspectives
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPsychology Criminology View 555 other Bachelors in Criminology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 112 UCAS points from A-Levels (we also accept UCAS points from alternative Level 3 qualifications including: BTEC Nationals, the International Baccalaureate and Scottish and Irish Highers).
- GCSE English (Language or Literature) AND GCSE Maths at grade 4/C or above. We also consider equivalent qualifications in English and Maths at Level 2, in place of GCSEs.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for City of London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.