Few fields are experiencing such a meteoric rise in high-paying job opportunities as Information Technology. On average, computer programmers make over $84,000 per year, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The program in Information Systems at The City University of New York offers foundational knowledge and hands-on programming competencies, resulting in project-based work samples similar to that of a programming boot camp.
What you'll study
The program’s learning objectives and demanding, hands-on courses are designed around employer needs. Throughout their time in the program, students build portfolios of increasingly complex projects using popular programming languages such as Python that mirror the current experience and demands of the IT workplace.
Students develop projects, practice giving presentations, and review each other’s work in a convenient online setting, ensuring that they are equipped with the expertise most valued in today’s marketplace.
- The BS in Information Systems program prepares graduates for a variety of technical and managerial positions, such as software architect/developer, network security analyst, database manager, IT infrastructure engineer, and information security specialist.
- Foundations of Information Systems
- IT Infrastructure and Support
- Computer Network Security
- Networks and Business Data Communication
- Enterprise Architectures and Applications
- Systems Analysis and Design
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Cyber Security View 47 other Bachelors in Cyber Security in United States
- Applicants should have a minimum of 24 earned credits from a regionally accredited institution. Official transcripts from all previous colleges, universities, or proprietary schools you have attended since high school must be submitted, whether or not you intend to request transfer credit.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better is required for transfer admission to CUNY SPS.
- To gain admission to CUNY SPS, students must satisfy the reading, writing, and mathematics basic skills requirements.
- A personal essay of at least 250 words is part of the application process.
- Unless a currently enrolled CUNY student, to submit your application, you must pay a $70 non-refundable processing fee.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 620 USD per credit during 48 months.
- Full-time $3,465/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.