While sociology tends to concentrate on complex modern societies, exploring societal change and institutions, anthropology tends to cover a wider span, focusing on both Western and non-Western societies.
What you'll study
Introductory courses offer a broad overview of the complexity of world cultures and American society. Advanced courses provide an in-depth focus on particular world areas, social institutions or significant social trends.
Sociology majors at The City University of New York may choose among three concentrations, designed to guide students in the selection of courses relevant to future careers as well as to provide all students with a solid grounding in the fields of sociology and anthropology.
- Multiculturalism and Globalization
- Social Institutions
- Social Processes and Change
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sociological Theory
- Research Methods in Sociology and Anthropology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology View 753 other Bachelors in Anthropology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- High School transcript/diploma or equivalent
- Overall Grade Point Average and success in individual subjects
- Curriculum rigor
- College essay (recommended)
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Evidence of demonstrated leadership and intellectual curiosity (recommended)
- Official English Translation of Foreign Records
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Score (for students requiring an F-1 or J-1 visa) – As an alternative, we are currently accepting the Duolingo English Exam.
International18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
National18600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State6930 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6930 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.