Software Engineering (SE) is increasingly becoming an important area of study for the advanced technological applications in the modern world. Today, Information Technology (IT) driven by software engineering is used extensively in areas of banking, communications, medicine, energy systems, design and production. In all these areas applications require efficient, reliable, trusted, scalable and maintainable software.
Software Engineers are to develop large software applications as they consider user requirements, cost constraints, technical and economic feasibility, security, dependability, ease of maintenance, quality and deliverability. Software Engineers, in addition to having a strong technologic and engineering background, should be highly skilled in project management, communication and administration issues.
Maltepe University adapts a cross-discipline approach for the SE curriculum. The courses from computer engineering, industrial engineering, general sciences, economics and social sciences are integrated into SE course of the study to endow the graduates with all the necessary skills required by the Industry and the society. As a whole, SE programme is designed for the software engineers to possess the highest standards of software engineering principles. The Department of SE has both Turkish and English programmes.
The mission of Software Engineering Department at Maltepe University is to teach the principles of software engineering through theory and practice to the software engineering candidates, so that they are able to analyse, design and develop large and complicated software systems needed by the industry and society.
The vision of Software Engineering Department is to create a universal programme both in theory and practice aspects of software engineering. In this respect, the teaching environment aims to have graduates who are creative, entrepreneur, cooperative, open minded, and aware of social and environmental issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Software Engineering
- Data Structures
- Probability and Statistics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Software Requirements Analysis
- Software Design and Architecture
- Software Validation and Testing
- Visual Programming
- Software Project Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- local 134 credits
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 111 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The admission of students to the programmes is made according to the Student Selection and Placement Centre (OSYM ? University entrance exam) within the framework set by the regulations of Higher Education Council (HEC). After students inform the Student Selection and Placement Centre about what programmes they want to study at, students are placed in the related programmes according to their scores they get from the exam.
- Foreign students are admitted to the related programmes with the scores of internationally acceptable exams such as SAT, ACT or are admitted to the related programmes with their high school graduation grades (Undergraduate and Graduate Programmes for Foreign Students Admission Guidelines).
- The admission of students to the related programmes for General Academic Exchange Protocol are done within the framework of the bilateral agreements (ERASMUS, FARABI, etc.) signed between Maltepe University and the partner universities.
International6302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6302 USD per year during 48 months.
National6302 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6302 USD per year during 48 months.
Software Engineering (English) (Paid): 49.600,00 TL
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.