Writing and analysis, computer usage, and research methods are the skills our students will develop while working closely with the faculty members. Students will be involved in the independent study projects of the faculty members which will help them build their own research interests.
Sociology degree at Maltepe University incorporates different areas of interest such as history, economy, politics, media, teaching, education, labour/work, ethnicity, sexuality, religion, law and crime.
During their studies, students of the department will absorb how to make connections between these interests.
Our degree also provides a strong foundation for further academic study at post-graduate level and the taking of professional qualifications for all the above jobs and professions.
In the Department of Sociology, Turkish and English programmes are offered.
- To raise individuals who are conscious, critical, researcher and respect ethical values in relation to social problems.
- To improve social life and to be effective in forming the future by examining, analyzing and evaluating social life,
- To raise awareness of the relationship between sociology and other disciplines and professional fields,
- To raise awareness about the value of cultural differences and social behavior diversity that form the basis of society.
VisionTo prepare graduates who have current knowledge and research experience at the national and international levels, in order to investigate and understand the social world and to contribute its development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- History of Sociology
- Sociology of Family
- Political Sociology
- Contemporary Issues in Sociology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The admission of students to the programmes is made according to the Student Selection and Placement Centre (OSYM University entrance exam) within the framework set by the regulations of Higher Education Council (HEC). After students inform the Student Selection and Placement Centre about what programmes they want to study at, students are placed in the related programmes according to the scores they got from the exam.
- Foreign students are admitted to the related programmes with the scores of internationally acceptable exams such as SAT, ACT or are admitted to the related programmes with their high school graduation grades (Undergraduate and Graduate Programmes for Foreign Students Admission Guidelines).
- The admission of students of General Academic Exchange Protocol to the related programmes are done within the framework of the bilateral agreements (ERASMUS, FARABI, etc) signed between Maltepe University and the partner universities.
International5565 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5565 USD per year during 48 months.
National5565 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5565 USD per year during 48 months.
Sociology (English): 43.800,00 TL
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.