Language conveys knowledge and meaning. Thus, learning a foreign language provides an opportunity to integrate other cultures’ knowledge and meaning into our own culture.
As a result of this, we gain a chance to look at the world we are living in from different angles. In the current time, our world is conceived as a global integrity. English Language Teaching at Maltepe University is a channel for you to have an access and understanding to this integrity.
The fact that internet as a source of information is mainly on English displays our need to learn this specific language. In that respect, the language education we provide in our department aims to develop a programme which raises an awareness that we are living in a multilingual, multicultural world, which eases the communication among cultures, which develops language awareness towards English syntax, discourse and concepts, which applies current language teaching approaches with the help of technology. Our aim in this programme is to train individuals who are inquisitive, critical towards themselves and the world, equipped with sufficient subject-matter knowledge and also teachers who apply current methods and approaches in foreign language education, become good models in the classroom to their students.
Our mission is to train the best non-native English language teacher who are professionally well-furnished and know their society and globe very closely.
To train the best non-native English Language Teachers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Educational Science
- Contextual Grammar
- Listening and Pronunciation
- Advanced Reading and Writing
- Oral Communication Skills
- English Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications will be accepted May 2 - September 15.
- local 159 credits
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 22 other Bachelors in Language Studies in Turkey
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The admission of students to the programmes is made according to the Student Selection and Placement Centre (OSYM ? University entrance exam) within the framework set by the regulations of Higher Education Council (HEC). After students inform the Student Selection and Placement Centre about what programmes they want to study at, students are placed in the related programmes according to their scores they got from the exam.
- Foreign students are admitted to the related programmes with the scores of internationally acceptable exams such as SAT, ACT or are admitted to the related programmes with their high school graduation grades (Undergraduate and Graduate Programmes for Foreign Students Admission Guidelines).
- The admission of students of General Academic Exchange Protocol to the related programmes are done within the framework of the bilateral agreements (ERASMUS, FARABI, etc) signed between Maltepe University and the partner universities.
International5285 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5285 USD per year during 48 months.
National5285 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5285 USD per year during 48 months.
English Language Teaching (Paid): 41.600,00 TL
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.