The Applied Mathematics major offered at the Kent State University comprises the following concentrations:
- The Applied Mathematics concentration emphasizes the classical aspects of the discipline, which are rooted in mathematical modeling and applications in the sciences. It couples well with the Physics minor or major.
- The Computational Mathematics concentration is designed for students with interests in numerical modeling and scientific computing. It pairs well with the Computer Science minor or major.
- The Financial Mathematics concentration prepares students for graduate programs in mathematical or computational finance or financial engineering.
- The Probability and Statistics concentration emphasizes the mathematics underlying processes that involve randomness and the mathematical tools used in the analysis of data.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ordinary Differential Equations (Min C Grade)
- Probability Theory And Applications
- Theory Of Statistics
- Theory Of Matrices
- Mathematical Models And Dynamical Systems (Min C Grade)
- Modeling Projects (Elr) (Wic) S
- Numerical Computing (Min C Grade)
- General University Physics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 2078 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United States
- The freshman admission policy on the Kent Campus is selective. Admission decisions are based upon the following: cumulative grade point average, ACT and/or SAT scores, strength of high school college preparatory curriculum and grade trends.
- The Admissions Office at the Kent Campus may defer the admission of students who do not meet admissions criteria but who demonstrate areas of promise for successful college study. Deferred applicants may begin their college coursework at one of seven regional campuses of Kent State University.
International20463 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20463 USD per year during 48 months.
National20463 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20463 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11587 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11587 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for North Canton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.