The program addresses the breadth within the marketing field through courses (e.g., consumer behavior, marketing research, international marketing, personal selling, advertising and promotion management) that provide the student with an appreciation of all central topic areas in the field.
Accordingly, the program gives students a generalist’s perspective and working knowledge of the theory and practice of marketing. Students learn the tasks involved in the analysis, planning, implementation and control of marketing programs that result in strategies and tactics used by businesses to sell products to consumers and other businesses. Typically, a traditional lecture format is used by instructors in this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this Marketing program offered at the Kent State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to make strategic decisions from a marketing perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct financial analyses appropriate for marketing managers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of segmentation, target marketing and positioning.
- Make effective sales presentations and close sales.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze markets and competitors.
- Exercise skills in analytical thinking, written and oral communication, data collection and analysis, basic financial analysis, ethical decision making and computer applications.
Graduates of all Bachelor of Business Administration programs will be able to:
- Recall strategic frameworks that are used to make business decisions.
- Perform basic calculations using quantitative tools that are used to support business decisions.
- Articulate and deliberate their ideas in writing.
- Articulate and deliberate their ideas orally.
- Identify ethical dilemmas and stakeholders.
- Recommend alternatives and consequences and choose a reasoned conclusion from the alternatives given.
- Identify global factors in making a business decision.
- Analyze global factors in making a business decision.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marketing applications
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Research
- Personal Selling
- Marketing Policies and Strategies
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarketing View 943 other Bachelors in Marketing in United States
- The freshman admission policy on the Kent Campus is selective. Admission decisions are based upon the following: cumulative grade point average, ACT and/or SAT scores, strength of high school college preparatory curriculum and grade trends.
- The Admissions Office at the Kent Campus may defer the admission of students who do not meet admissions criteria but who demonstrate areas of promise for successful college study. Deferred applicants may begin their college coursework at one of seven regional campuses of Kent State University.
International20463 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20463 USD per year during 48 months.
National20463 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20463 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11587 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11587 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for North Canton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.