Biologists work in a variety of settings, and career opportunities are available in government agencies, privately owned companies and non-profit groups. Graduates may also choose to further their education beyond a bachelor's degree by attending graduate or professional school. The Department of Biological Sciences has several mechanisms to help students prepare for their future careers.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of this Biology program offered at the Kent State University will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental biological principles.
- Acquire the fundamental skills necessary for laboratory and field investigations.
- Conduct proper experimental design, analyze biological data and communicate research results.
- Know and appreciate the role that biology plays in societal issues, such as those related to the environment, biodiversity, ethics, human health and disease.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biological diversity
- Biological foundations
- Elements of genetics
- Writing in the biological sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics View 2813 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
- The freshman admission policy on the Kent Campus is selective. Admission decisions are based upon the following: cumulative grade point average, ACT and/or SAT scores, strength of high school college preparatory curriculum and grade trends.
- The Admissions Office at the Kent Campus may defer the admission of students who do not meet admissions criteria but who demonstrate areas of promise for successful college study. Deferred applicants may begin their college coursework at one of seven regional campuses of Kent State University.
International20462 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20462 USD per year during 48 months.
National20463 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20463 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State11587 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11587 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for North Canton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.