At Kent you are taught by lecturers with vast experience of working in a range of fields and with clients from Olympians and Paralympians to members of the public, including the elderly and frail. You work with our experts to gain a good mix of theoretical knowledge and hands-on practice and placement opportunities, developing a range of highly valuable laboratory and clinical skills, giving you the best possible start to your career.
Reasons to study the Sport and Exercise for Health with a Year in Industry (Hons) programme at University of Kent
- Our excellent facilities, including physiology laboratories, a biomechanics laboratory with 3D motion capture cameras, enhance your learning experience
- A range of optional modules enable you to specialise and tailor the course to suit your career goals.
- Our lecturers have extensive knowledge and experience in their fields, having worked with the England Football team and Olympians, Science in Sport and Team Sky, as well as links with sports clubs and private companies, the NHS and many other sporting and health organisations.
- Canterbury campus is home to an outstanding sports centre and gym, outdoor pitches, indoor and outdoor tennis and netball courts; and plenty of green space as well as more than 60 extra-curricular sports clubs.
You graduate with an excellent grounding in scientific knowledge and extensive laboratory experience. In addition, you also develop the key transferable skills sought by employers, such as:
- excellent communication skills
- work independently or as part of a team
- the ability to solve problems and think analytically
- time management.
This means that our graduates are well equipped for careers across a range of fields and have gone on to work in sports science support for elite athletes, professional sports teams, teaching and in the NHS for physical activity, exercise referral or health promotion.
- Sport & Exercise Nutrition
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Functional Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Research in Sport and Exercise Sciences
- Sports Academic Advising and Skills Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 545 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BCC including grade B in an appropriate subject (eg Biology, Chemistry, Sport, Physical Education, Physics, Psychology, Mathematics, Applied Science)
- Mathematics grade C
Access to HE Diploma
- The University welcomes applications from Access to Higher Education Diploma candidates for consideration. A typical offer may require you to obtain a proportion of Level 3 credits in relevant subjects at merit grade or above.
- Distinction, Merit, Merit in a sport or science subject plus GCSE Mathematics grade C
- 30 points overall or 15 at HL including Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics, Sports, Exercise and Health Science 5 at HL or 6 at SL and Mathematics 4 at HL or SL.
International21200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21200 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.