Supported by academics who are industry-leading experts in photography, you’ll build upon your analytical skills and critical self-awareness to be able to contextualise your photographic practice in a range of formats and for a range of audiences.
As an online Photography (Hons) (Top Up) student at Falmouth University , you’ll gain an internationally-recognised BA in photography with one of the world’s leading creative universities without having to commit to on-campus studies.
What topics will you cover?
Some of the topics you’ll cover during your online BA(Hons) Photography (Top Up) are:
- Concepts and Themes in Contemporary Photography – Explore contemporary photography and identify the subject you want to focus on in your practice.
- Development Portfolio – Deepen and broaden your understanding of your preferred subject, enabling you to develop a high-level creative and critical practice.
- Final Portfolio – Reflect your technical skills, creativity and individuality with a professional portfolio that will equip you in pursuing your career goals after the completion of your studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first module, you will be introduced to key themes and concepts in contemporary photography. You will be encouraged to experiment with a range of practical and creative approaches, and produce a small independent project to be assessed at the end of the module.
- In the second module you will learn about the range of professional contexts for contemporary photography. Alongside this, you will draw upon practical work produced during the first module, and develop an independent practical project that is both critically informed and aligned with relevant professional context(s).
- In the final module, you will either further extend the practical project you began in the previous module, or work on a single, new body of work. By the end of the module you will have produced an extensive photographic project, ideally of a publishable standard.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Welcome week 24 May
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 25 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 240 HE credits in a related subject for example, from the first 2 years of a degree, a completed Foundation Degree or HND.
- Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.0 with at least 5.5 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening or TOEFL IBT (Internet Based Test) with a minimum of 88 overall and at least 21 in all 4 components).
- Applicants who are requested to make an APEL application will be required to complete an additional practical task to accompany their application.
- All applications are considered on an individual basis, and may or may not include an interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6700 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6700 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.