Theology. For some, this word conjures up images of ancient books, pulpit-poundings and theses nailed to old doors—something born and aged in the years of yesterday. If, however, you find yourself craving a deeper understanding of theology than this definition provides, the theology program at Houghton would be a good fit for you.
The comprehensive major in theology is designed for those who want a liberal arts degree with a maximum of Biblical and theological studies. Recipients of a theology degree consistently testify of how well their education at Houghton shaped them into someone qualified and passionate to fulfill God’s calling on their lives and of their continued desire for him to work through them for His glory.
Why Major in Theology at Houghton College?
- Stretch your thinking and be challenged to explore a breadth and depth of theological perspectives that, up to this point, you may have never considered before.
- Study with expert faculty who believe that God’s word is still relevant and foundational to a robust and winsome expression of Christ’s mission.
- Learn about your theological and philosophical roots as you investigate new ways to solve problems in today’s increasingly interconnected world.
- Dive deep into the word of God as you study a wide range of courses on various aspects of Biblical text.
- Systematic Theology
- History of Christianity
- Introduction to Theology
- Church, Mission and Culture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 857 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33920 USD per year during 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33920 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.