Mastering another language leads to many opportunities in today’s global marketplace, and the ability to communicate with respect and cultural understanding in more than one language is an essential element of global competence. Regardless of vocation, students who study a world language are better equipped to reach out and serve those who speak a language other than English.
The vision of the Spanish major from Houghton College is to facilitate communicative fluency in Spanish so that, no matter your calling in life, you will be better prepared to impact society by building relationships across languages and cultures as a globally engaged scholar-servant. Houghton College maintains a long tradition of world language study, and the excellent preparation you will receive in the Spanish program can open the door to a variety of careers. One of the highlights of the program is the required semester abroad in a Spanish-speaking country.
Recently, many students have enriched their career potential by majoring in Spanish and one of the following majors: adolescent education, art, communication, psychology/sociology, business administration, math, political science, writing, intercultural studies or biology.
Why Study Spanish at Houghton College?
- Prepare for today’s multicultural world through both rigorous theoretical study and hands-on, experiential learning opportunities.
- Practice what you’ve learned in the classroom through our required intercultural experience.
- Travel the world through Houghton’s many off-campus study opportunities or internships.
- Integrate global engagement into every aspect of your education.
- Study with faculty who have extensive experience living, working and serving in cross-cultural settings around the world, and integrate these experiences into the classroom.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spanish Level
- Intercultural Transition & Adjustment
- Intermediate Spanish
- Spanish Communication
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies International Relations Languages View 1950 other Masters in Languages in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.