Psychologists study normal and abnormal behavior, structured and erratic thinking, and stable and troubled emotion. A degree in psychology will enable you to understand why we think, feel and act as we do. Psychology majors gain perspective on their own experiences, develop sympathetic understanding of others and learn ways to help people in need.
Houghton’s psychology program places a strong emphasis on research with primary sources, designing and conducting experiments, writing, and developing analytical skills. Psychology majors read widely, investigate problems scientifically, and think carefully and deeply. They wrestle with the ways in which the Christian faith frames and informs their studies and their understanding, and they share the knowledge they gain with others through writing, public presentation and professional service. The majority of our students include a psychology internship as part of the major.
Since so many careers in psychology require graduate training, coursework in the psychology major prepares all students for further study at the graduate level. Even without graduate training, knowledge of psychological functioning of individuals and groups is a valuable asset in professions such as medicine, law, business, education, therapeutic recreation and ministry.
Why Major in Psychology - Clinical or Counseling at Houghton College?
- Gain hands-on field experience with one of our many internship opportunities.
- Deeply integrate rigorous academic study with your Christian faith.
- Further explore your interests with undergraduate research.
- Join other Psychology majors on campus in psychology-related clubs and honor society.
- Receive excellent preparation for further study at the graduate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Psychology
- Brain and Behavior
- Experimental Methods
- Senior Capstone Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 250 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.