A major in intercultural studies with an international development concentration gives you the intellectual, spiritual and practical foundation to engage the many forms of development in strategic and sustainable ways at home and abroad.
The concentration is grounded in a Christian worldview and therefore pursues ideas and approaches to development that hold the promise of holistic transformation within communities and institutions while seeking to correct the injustices associated with poverty, oppression and inequality.
Why International Development Concentration at Houghton College?
- Prepare for today’s multicultural world through both rigorous theoretical study and hands-on, experiential learning opportunities.
- Practice what you’ve learned in the classroom through our required intercultural experience.
- Travel the world through Houghton’s many off-campus study opportunities or internships.
- Integrate global engagement into every aspect of your education.
- Study with faculty who have extensive experience living, working and serving in cross-cultural settings around the world, and integrate these experiences into the classroom.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Global Issues
- Intercultural Competencies
- Cultural Anthropology
- Intercultural Experience
- Conversational Language
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development View 183 other Masters in International Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.