Students from the Music program at the University of Alberta can specialize in music theory, music history, world music, or composition, combining critical thinking and personal expression.
Students may select academic and performance music courses from a specified list of options, including our outreach courses and study abroad programs. Non-auditioned admission.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Rudiments of Music
- Introduction to Western Art Music
- Introduction to World Music
- Introduction to Popular Music
- Second Practical Subject
- Applied Music
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Musicology Liberal Arts View 106 other Bachelors in Music in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission is competitive; meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- You must meet the minimum requirements in all subjects, even after receiving an admission offer, in order to remain admissible. (See your admission offer letter for more details.)
International29500 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29500 CAD per year during 48 months.
National5692 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5692 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Edmonton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.