Bible Major at Houghton prepares students to be Biblically well-versed, theologically informed and spiritually vibrant Christian scholars, equipped to serve God in a multitude of ways. A major in Bible is recommended for students expecting to become missionaries, teachers or leaders in parachurch ministries and translators. It is also an excellent base for seminary or graduate work in biblical studies, theology and related disciplines.
At Houghton, we seek to apply reason in partnership with grace as we think critically about our world, the Bible and ethical issues in the Church and the world. Our goal is to teach students to read the Bible well and to give students the skills to think about important questions as we seek answers together in Scripture.
The Bible is the chief Christian authority for faith and practice. When Christian leaders understand how to read and interpret the Bible well, it benefits both the church and the world. We study and teach the Bible as people of faith, without apology, who employ the tools of scholarship to help us listen more carefully to the voice of God in Scripture.
Why Major in Bible at Houghton College?
- Dive deep into the Word of God as you study a wide range of courses on various aspects of Biblical text.
- Study with expert faculty who believe that God’s word is still relevant and foundational to a robust and winsome expression of Christ’s mission.
- Explore new ways to solve problems in an increasingly interconnected world as you wrestle with the hard questions facing God’s people today.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Greek or Hebrew
- Biblical Interpretation
- Jesus and the Gospels
- Old Testament Theology
- New Testament Theology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 804 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application for admission (apply online or print the application)
- An official high school transcript (If you are a international transfer student, you are also required to submit all college transcripts)
- A completed recommendation letter
- A completed financial affidavit
- A $40.00 non-refundable application fee (ask your counselor about getting this fee waived!)
- Test Scores
International33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33920 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33920 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.