Employment for public relations professionals is expected to increase 13% by 2025.* Employers already are clamoring for PR practitioners who can creatively leverage traditional and new media to build and manage reputation and relationships in such key areas as: publicity, promotions, special events, crisis management, media and community relations, social media and web, and communications.
Our Public Relations degree program at Franklin University will help you master the written, verbal, visual, and social elements that go with creating and maintaining an organization’s or individual’s effective public image. That’s why our foundational public relations courses and curriculum emphasize the essentials like writing, speaking, and social media, as well as the unconventional, such as what makes people think and behave the way they do.
You’ll learn to apply this behavioral knowledge to craft clutter-busting messages that get the attention of media and social outlets; generate no-cost marketing opportunities; and develop strategic relationships with community and media organizations. And because social media is so prevalent, you’ll get practical experience with every major channel, including Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, PitchEngine, HARO, and Tumblr, while also learning how to develop and deliver PR assets through blogs, websites, podcasts, and streaming video.
- Communication Coach
Communication Coaches help others develop and refine their communication skills through training, feedback, and critique.
- Communications Specialist
Communications specialists assist with creating and distributing content through a variety of different mediums, including press release and social media.
Copywriters create a variety of content, including direct mail, emails, advertisements, press releases and articles in support of marketing, advertising and public relations campaigns.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Relations
- Media Research and Writing
- Client Engagement
- Public Relations Capstone
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Relations View 7 other Masters in Public Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your online application using an email address that you check regularly. After you’ve applied, you’ll receive login information by email so you can track your application’s progress.
- Apply for admission to Franklin University any time. Because our admission process for international students includes several steps to ensure a successful start, we encourage you to apply as early as possible -- at least 8 weeks before your program’s start date.
- Request your official transcripts from post-secondary institutions located in the U.S. and have them submitted directly to Franklin University’s Office of Transfer and Articulation.
International526 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 526 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National398 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 398 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.