At Furman, every student’s ability to find, manipulate, analyze and produce information using a variety of sophisticated problem-solving techniques and computing technologies is a high priority. You have several options for initiating such a study.
One of the department’s most distinctive characteristics is the availability of research and internship opportunities. Majors have assisted faculty members in research supported by grants from NASA, the National Science Foundation, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Apple Computer, and the Biomedical Research Infrastructure. Computer Science - Information Technology majors from Furman University have gone on to work for Apple, AT&T, Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, Microsoft, NCR, and Texas Instruments.
- Intro to Computer Science
- Intro to Computer Programming
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Seminar in Computer Science or
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 738 other Bachelors in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Choose an application plan
- All students may complete and submit the Common Application online. There is a $50 application fee
- Submit your school report
- Submit your high school transcript - A strong college preparatory course of study is essential. At minimum, it must include four years of English, algebra I and II, geometry, three years of social studies, at least three years of natural sciences, and two years of the same foreign language
- Participate in an Optional Interview
- Submit standardized test scores (optional) - The Admission Committee believes that your potential for success cannot be determined solely by standardized test scores
- Schedule an interview if you are home-schooled (only for national students)
International50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50464 USD per year during 48 months.
National50464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50464 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Greenville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.