You’ll have opportunities to study topics such as nationalism, state-building and inter-state relations; the history of war and peace; religious and ethnic conflict; trauma and memory; and issues of globalisation in the present that can only be understood by looking to the past.
The History Combinations course from the Aston University combines with Chinese, English Language, English Literature, Politics, International Relations and Sociology.
Why choose this course?
History at Aston has a resolutely contemporary focus on the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, encompassing international, national and local dimensions. Studying cutting-edge techniques such as digital and oral history will give you new insights into some of the most exciting historical research and, together with the compulsory placement year, boost your employment prospects. You’ll have opportunities to study topics such as nationalism, state-building and inter-state relations; the history of war and peace; religious and ethnic conflict; trauma and memory; and issues of globalisation in the present that can only be understood by looking to the past.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global History in Perspective
- Contemporary Britain: from the Boer War to Brexit
- Case Studies in Global History
- Making Histories
- Humanitarian Action and Foreign Intervention
- The Atlantic World: Slavery and Emancipation
- History of Internationalism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Language Studies Languages View 825 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ABB - BBB from 3 A Levels. General Studies accepted.
- A Level applicants who select this course as their Firm UCAS choice may be eligible for our lowered offer scheme. This means that the grades that you will need in order to be accepted on to the course will be reduced.
- We welcome applications from students who have tried to improve their examination grades by taking resits. We treat these applications in exactly the same way as other applications.
International15600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15600 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
- £1,250 during placement year) for UK/EU students
- £2,500 during placement year) for overseas students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.