By studying this Foundation Degree in Graphic Design and e-Media from De Montfort University, you'll be taught both traditional graphic design techniques as well as those utilising new and emerging technologies. You will complete briefs in order to build a portfolio that showcases your ability and potential to gain employment in a variety of diverse and creative fields. Alternatively, you can progress to top up to a full BA (Hons) at DMU.
The course is made up of common elements which combine studio practice, contextual studies and subject-specific pathways in graphic design for print or e-media design.
You will graduate with creative and professional skills that have an emphasis on creative and independent thought. Many previous students have successfully gained employment in both the graphic design and online media sectors.
- The course allows you to develop the necessary skills for multimedia formats including web and print, within traditional and e-media applications
- Students of this course have gone onto jobs in new media sectors, including jobs at Creare, a web design and development company, and design studio Dale Studios
- On completion of this course you can progress to a full honours degree, Graphic Design BA (Hons) at DMU
Graduates find careers as graphic designers and e-media designers in the regional creative industries and with national companies. The course is supported by a wide range of design companies in graphics and new media design. Upon successful completion of the course, you can top-up to one of the Graphic Design undergraduate degrees at DMU. The courses on offer include Graphic Design BA (Hons) and Graphic Design (Illustration) BA (Hons).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Graphic Design
- Creative Applications and Digital Media
- Principles of Graphic Design
- Professional Creative Industries
- Multimedia in the 21st Century
Advanced Web and Multimedia Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Graphic Design View 490 other Masters in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English, plus one of the following:
- Normally 32 UCAS points from at least one A-level in an Art and Design subject or equivalent or
- Art and Design BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at M or
- Pass in the QAA Art and Design Access to HE. English GCSE required as a separate qualification as equivalency is not accepted within the Access qualification. We will normally require students to have had a break from full-time education before undertaking the Access course or
- International Baccalaureate: 24+ points including Art and Design at higher level
EU/EEA6165 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6165 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leicester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.