If you’re passionate about basic research, learning about how the human body functions and discovering the biological basis of human pathologies, you will find the answers to your questions in this bachelor's degree programme. Based on a comprehensive and cross-disciplinary curriculum, in the Biomedical Science (Biomedicine) programme of Universitat Internacional de Catalunya you will obtain an education that will allow you to convert basic knowledge into concrete applications that can contribute to improvements in public health.
Objectives and competences
We offer you a comprehensive education both at a research and a business level, which will allow you to acquire competences that are specific to the fields of biology and medicine.
The international nature of this bachelor's degree programme will prepare you for work anywhere in the world.
It will provide you with the tools to be able to participate in the value chain that is necessary to offer the products, treatments or technology that will benefit patient’s health. We will also work on tools for professional development that will help you join the labour market once your studies are complete.
Our course will teach you to know and have control over the bioinformatic tools that will allow you to manage the large volume of data generated nowadays, as well as undertake experiments in healthcare projects.
The practical classes are just as important as the theory classes so you can receive a full education. For that reason, you’ll have the opportunity to undertake work experience in cutting-edge research centres at both a national and an international level, as well as in prestigious biomedical companies.
You will learn to acquire a grounding in the molecular, cellular and physiological mechanisms you need to transfer knowledge of research to the causes of pathologies and develop tools to study, diagnose and treat them.
- Biomedical research
- Biomedical business sector: entrepreneurship and innovation in the field of biomedicine.
- Pharmaceutical industry: production of medicines, vaccinations and diagnostic tests.
- Biotechnological industry: products and equipment for biomedical laboratories.
- Public health institutes and agencies to monitor health problems.
- Agencies to control the use of medicines.
- Service companies and advisory services in products for biomedical research and diagnosis.
- Resident biology internship.
- Diagnostic laboratories.
- The agri-food industry: production of safe food in the healthcare field.
- The veterinary industry: production of medicines, vaccinations and diagnostic tests.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cell Biology
- lntroduction to Biomedicine
- Molecular Biology
- Structure and Function of the Integration Systems: Nervous and Endocrine
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics View 7 other Masters in Biomedicine in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application for admission
- Submit the documents required to sit an entrance exam
- Applicants without degrees or diplomas must take the UIC Barcelona general entrance exam according to their background
- Candidates with degrees or diplomas must submit academic records and credentials or attend a personal interview.
- Processing fees
- Course reservation and enrolment
- Level of Spanish language proficiency
International10200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA10200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 EUR per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.