The Journalism programme of Universitat Internacional de Catalunya is intended for anyone interested in pursuing a career in communication, whether as a writer of journalistic information in any medium (radio broadcaster, television presenter, print journalist, community manager for digital media...) or in media or media company management. Some of the practical tasks assigned in this degree programme include writing news stories for written press, performing a radio broadcast in English and editing a documentary.
We also offer students the opportunity to gain work experience at some of the industry’s most renowned companies, giving them initial contact with the professional world and helping them acquire the skills necessary for a successful transition to the job market. TV3, Telecinco, La Vanguardia, El Periódico, Cadena SER, Radio Cope and Catalunya Ràdio are just some of the over 120 organisations with which we hold a work placement agreement.
- Our main aim is to create excellent journalists, with the skills necessary to work in today’s new media scenario. With this principle in mind, our model focuses on achieving a series of objectives:
- To create responsible professionals who are fully aware of the social aspects of journalism.
- To provide students a high-quality general education that takes into account the profession’s ethical values.
- To foster an enterprising spirit and business perspective.
- To help students acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to comfortably handle the new media context and undertake communication projects that are adapted to the characteristics of this scenario.
- To shape professionals with an international view of journalism, who are able develop professionally in a global context.
- To provide students the skills required to work flexibility and competently in any media company.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General English
- Group Dynamics
- Introduction to Audiovisual Language
- Introduction to Journalism
- Written Communication
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 10 other Masters in Journalism in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application for admission
- Submit the documents required to sit an entrance exam
- Applicants without degrees or diplomas must take the UIC Barcelona general entrance exam according to their background
- Candidates with degrees or diplomas must submit academic records and credentials or attend a personal interview.
- Processing fees
- Course reservation and enrolment
- Level of Spanish language proficiency
International8880 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8880 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA8880 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8880 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.