The Modern Biology Graduate Programme was established in 1970 in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. In 1975, this Programme was transformed into the Department of Life Sciences offering a Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology and Genetics at METU Middle East Technical University as well as M.Sc and Ph.D degrees, hiring sufficient number of faculty members and establishment of research laboratories and teaching laboratories.
Molecular Biology and Genetics Program offers courses mainly on:
- the biological
- mathematical principles,
governing the structure and functions of organisms at the molecular and cellular level.
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- General Chemistry
- English for Academic Purposes
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Introduction to Biometry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- There is no application fee
- High School Diploma and its translation (Turkish or English)
- Official Transcript
- Official Transcript Translation (Turkish or English)
- Valid Exam Result
- Financial Guarantee Letter
- International Baccalaureate
- BTEC - QCF Diploma
- Advanced Placement Test (AP)
- International AS and A Levels Qualification
International1226 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 613 USD per semester during 48 months.
National38 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19 USD per semester during 48 months.
- Resident:155 TL/semester
- Non-resident: 5000 TL/semester
Living costs for Ankara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.